You’ve launched your site and the next step is making sure you stay safe during the journey. The internet is an organic space – with changes in its environment, in the way hackers are operating and the changes and deviations in digital frameworks, your site needs to stay up to date to keep flying right.
Like any piece of equipment – your phone operating system, your email and desktop software, the structure that supports your site require maintenance to keeping the site working properly. It’s like maintaining a car to ensure it work properly, is well oiled and starts every time. The same is true for your website – it should always be live, ready for customers and presenting your business at its finest.
What is your response when you go to a site that isn’t working properly? Not only does it not instill confidence, you’re out of there pretty quick sticks. This is a ‘bounce’ and not only is a high ‘bounce rate’ penalised by google, you’ve just missed out on a sale, a lead, potential business.
The solution? Love Communications will set up processes that keep your site running super smooth:
1. We back up your site daily and keep a securely store these copies. Before a software update, we backup your site and check every page, link and functionality before and after updates for any issues. Our software keeps a record of plugins we update so if there is ever an issue we see what plugin version was changed and can instantly revert back.
2. Performance and security scans. If in the event we ever catch a plugin issue, it becomes a support ticket and we address it before you ever know there’s a problem. Our security scans keep us informed of any vulnerabilities and either fix them for us, or send us notification. Either way, your site stays safe and running smoothly and google will love you for it
3. Uptime monitoring – we know if there is any downtime on your site and why: sometimes this can be a hosting server issue, and sometimes a site incompatability (the best way to avoid the latter is ensuring your WordPress software and plugins function as they should, on the most recent versions). Either way, we know what’s happening and your uptime record is delivered as part of our monthly report
Why can’t I just do this myself?
It’s a matter of putting on your oxygen mask first. Let us take care of what we know best, you can get on with taking care of your business, sell more, make more leads, improve returns, take holidays, get a new puppy/kitten/pony/bathroom/kitchen…. Maintaining a site isn’t just a matter of clicking ‘update’ on your wordpress admin. Plugins, themes and core software tantrums could cost you more than you may think. Our expertise has taught us the typical pitfalls to watch out for and our step by step process has been built up over years of managing wordpress sites efficiently. If you just click ‘update’ from your WordPress admin, you wouldn’t have a record of what was done. If an update to a plugin throws up an issue a few weeks on, it’s difficult to pinpoint the culprit and how you should revert back without restoring a very old backup (and possibly losing content changes, sales orders, contact entries, you name it).
We all know it costs more to fix than maintain. Inexperience and neglect can diminish the look and functionality of your website. When that happens, you have a choice to make:
1. try and fix it yourself, and hopefully avoid further damage.
2. pay the (usually premium) price for someone to fix it. Regular oil changes help keep your car running properly, regular site maintenance helps keeps your web site running properly.
Why not deal with what you know best and let us deal with what we know best? By using Love Communications to update and maintain your site properly you’re preventing lost sales, lost leads and lost revenue.
If you’re interested in a maintenance contract for your web site, contact us. We’ll take care of your online business so you can take care of business.